We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) personal information; and (2) non-personal information. Where personal information and non-personal information are combined, we treat the combined set of information as personal information.
Types of Personal Information We May Collect
"Personal information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. CS collects and stores the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of the manners in which we may collect your personal information on the Sites:
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, mailing address and billing information if you subscribe to the Sites.
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question or seek more information about us through the Sites.
- We may collect your name and email address if you enter or otherwise communicate in a chat room, blog or other public area on the Sites or on one of CS's social networking pages.
- We may collect your email address and name if you sign up to receive a newsletter from one of the Sites or if you otherwise request information from the Sites.
- We may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data - such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
- We may collect your Demographic Information, which may include your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal information.
- We may also collect from you or other third parties your social media information, political affiliations, and interests, to get a better idea of how to serve you.
- We may also collect your location information if you choose to allow us to track your location through the Sites or if your personal information indicates a certain geographic location. This information may help us provide recommendations to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements, or direct you to products or services that we believe may be of interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
We may, at times, collect information in manners that are not described above. If you do not want CS to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
Non-Personal Information We May Collect
"Non-personal information" can be technical information, such as cookies, that does NOT identify you personally. We note, however, that throughout time, non-personal information could become personal information through regulatory developments, technological advancements, or co-mingling with personal information. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
We may, at times, collect non-personal information in manners that are not described above.
Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
We use your personal information that is collected on these Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To alert you to updated information about CS, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials.
- To try to ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To manage your subscriptions to the Sites, allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites, verify your access to your subscription accounts, and handle other customer support inquiries.
- To generate web analytics and compile user information for marketing purposes, advertising, conducting marketing analysis, providing you with recommendations for products or services based on your profile, and promotional material planning and distribution.
- To contact you in response to proposals or inquiries that you submit on the Sites.
Non-personal information is used similarly as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- To vendors, affiliates, and other third parties to process your request for a subscription. If you choose to subscribe to the Sites, we may collect information from you such as your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to process your payment. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your subscription (for example, to process your credit card).
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, credit card processing services, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on CS's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- To fulfill a request made by you. For example, if you email us a question or otherwise inquire about one of our services, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of CS and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
We may share non-personal information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above and in other ways as permitted by law.
Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
The Sites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. CS does not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 13 and, in the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided CS with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide CS with personal information, CS may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and may provide more limited recourse mechanisms, including dissimilar or, at times, weaker data protection rights. With knowledge of these risks, by providing your personal information you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal information to the United States as indicated above.
Accessing Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
Please contact CS at the address below if you have questions about your personal information or if you would like to otherwise make a change to such information. You can also specifically update, change, or delete certain personal information (such as your email address, mailing address, and payment method) on the Sites by logging into your account and clicking "My Account" in the menu at the top of each page of the website.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to send you information about a service requested by you, to confirm a service requested by you, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice; if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where personal information is collected, or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe request is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Third Party Websites
Third Party Advertisers
We may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites and to improve the performance of CS's advertising across the Internet. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather non-personal information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered.
Depending on the particular advertising services they provide, these third party advertising companies may employ first-party cookies or third-party cookies. Unlike third-party cookies, first-party cookies are hosted on CS's servers. You can opt-out of first-party cookies by clicking here. If you would like more information about third-party cookies or to learn more about your opt-out choices, please click here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personal information collected via the Sites.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information you provide us. We may use third party products and services to secure or store your information. Please understand that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to CS is done at your own risk. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Disputes and Agreement to Arbitrate
Notice shall be sent:
- to CS at:
8484 Georgia Ave., Suite 700,
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Both you and CS agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDIAUL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such Disputes shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Greenbelt, Maryland area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
Choice of Law
Your California Privacy Rights & Our Do Not Track Disclosures
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding CS's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below.
CS does not support Do Not Track browser settings and does not currently participate in any "Do Not Track" frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information or non-personal information.
8484 Georgia Ave., Suite 700,
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Effective Date: March 17, 2017
Last Updated: March 17, 2017